Prevention of Child Trafficking through Strengthening Community and Networking( PCTSCN)
Project Name: Prevention of Child Trafficking through Strengthening Community and Networking( PCTSCN)
Implementing Partners: INCIDIN Bangladesh, BNWLA, SEEP, Narri Moittee, CPD and Rights Jessore
Project Duration : July 2015 – December 2018
Overview on PCTSCN Project : The prevention of child trafficking through Strengthening Community and Networking ( PCTSCN) project aims at preventing trafficking in children through raising awareness of cross section of stakeholders at community and policy level along with strengthening their capacities through awareness raising sessions, capacity building workshops development and distribution of BCC materials and developing interactive e web-based platforms ( to participation of children and community actors). The promotion part of the intervention aims at working with and through ATSEC Bangladesh, NACG and SAIEVAC Bangladesh to enhance of NPA on Human Trafficking from the perspective of children, bring in effective rule for the new Act on Human Trafficking to uphold the rights of the children and develop regional/cross border mechanisms and approaches to deal with child trafficking through research. Media campaign, national-regional cross border conference/consultations and networking based advocacy.
Goal of the project: The goals of the Prevention of Child Trafficking through Strengthening Community and Networking (PCTSCN) project are to ensure that:
- A social safety net is adequately preventing child trafficking
- An active policy-legal services regime to combat child trafficking is put in place
The Immediate Objective:
- To raise awareness of the children, their parents and community members regarding trafficking, in children ( cause, consequences, legal provisions, sources of assistance and need of removal of social stigma to facilitate mainstreaming of the survivors and preventing push for trafficking/re-trafficking)
- To strengthen capacity and facilitating active role of different committees formed under NPA and children Act to address the issue of trafficking in children.
- To promote of GO-NGO cooperation to protect the children employed in the informal sector of the economy
- To raise awareness on social protection opportunities to prevent child marriage.
- To strengthening coordination and capacity of the Gos and NGOs to address the issue of child trafficking through strong service and advocacy networking
- To develop an updated knowledge base and data sharing mechanism on status and trends of child trafficking.
PCTSCN has following key components:
- Awareness raising
- Strengthening capacity
- Promotion of GO-NGO Cooperation
- Strengthening social protection
- Strengthening service and advocacy networking
- Knowledge Management
- District level consultation on trafficking issues
- School campaign for mass awareness on combat trafficking
- Press conference
- Develop hotline , striker and documentary drama
- To build capacity with Lawyers, PP, Law enforcement Authority, teacher, headmaster,LEB,Counter trafficking Committee, Child welfare Committee, Media person and local NGos.
- To promote networking in the national level for services and referral networking with the support of consortium.
- Regional Conference on policy legal advocacy
- Annual national Conference on policy
- Cross Border Conference on policy
- To carry out a baseline on policy and mapping review of services
- Sharing lesson learn study national and regional
- Expanded access of the child survivors of trafficking to psychosocial care
- To extend psychosocial counselors’ services to existing go shelters
- Expanded access of the child survivors to livelihood and integration support
- Expanded access of the child survivors to legal support and justice
- Bi –annual meeting with service providers
- To develop child protection policy for the special tribunal on human trafficking
- To in-place civil society monitoring of the special tribunal on human trafficking
Total 20 vulnerable District in Bangladesh.